Below are the results of the M-1 Challenge in Bourgas, Bulgaria at the Mladhost Sports Hall that took place Saturday, March 28.
4. Light Heavyweight: Samy Turky (4-2/91.9 kg/202.18 lbs.) vs. Martin Zawada (19-8/92.7 kg/203.94 lbs.) – Zawada def. Turky via TKO at 2:38 of round 1.
5. Heavyweight: Tugrul Okay (6-0/101.3 kg/222.86 lbs.) vs. David Baziak (8-0/96.2 kg/211.64 lbs.) – David Baziak def. Turgul Okay via TKO at 0:52 of round 2.
Team Germany defeats Team Turkey 5-0.
Russia Legion vs. World Team -
6. Lightweight: Yury Ivlev (33-6/69.4 kg/152.68 lbs.) vs. Romano De Los Reyes (9-8-2/69.7 kg/153.34 lbs.) – Yury Ivlev def. Romano de los Reyes via three-round unanimous decision.
7. Welterweight: Magomed Shihshabekov (6-0/75 kg/165 lbs.) vs. Jason Ponet (6-4-2/75.6 kg/166.32 kg) – Shihsbabekov def. Ponet triangle choke at 1:34 of round 1.
8. Middleweight: Sergey Kornev (1-0/83.1 kg/182.82 kg) vs. Nathan Schouten (25-15-2/82.5 kg/181.5 lbs.) – Kornev def. Schouten via KO at 0:12 of round 1.
9. Light Heavyweight: Gadjimurad Omarov (17-2/92.4 kg/203.28 lbs.) vs. Nills Van Noord (7-3-1/91.5 kg/201.3 lbs.) – Omarov def. Van Noor via rear naked submission at 2:24 of round 1.
10. Heavyweight: Akhmed Sultanov (4-2/106.2 kg/233.64 lbs.) vs. Michael Kitta (5-3/109.7 kg/241.34 lbs.) – Kitta def. Sultanov via KO at 2:30 of round 1.
Team Russia Legion wins 4-1.
Bulgaria vs. USA East -
11. Lightweight: Yanko Yanev (7-0/68.7 kg/151.14 kg) vs. Renato Migliaccio (4-0/69.9 kg/153.78 lbs.) – Migliaccio def. Yanev via armbar submission at 4:45 of round 1.
12. Welterweight: Ivan Ivanov (7-0/75.9 kg/166.98 lbs.) vs. Steve Carl (10-1/76 kg/167.2 lbs.) – Carl def. Ivanov via rear naked choke at 3:31 of round 1.
14. Light Heavyweight: Atanas Dzhambazov (9-1/93 kg/204.6 lbs.) vs. Charles Grigsby (17-4/93 kg/204.6 lbs.) – Grigsby def. Dzhambazov via three-round unanimous decision.
15. Heavyweight: Emil Somoilov (3-0-1/93 kg/204.6 lbs.) vs. Lloyd Marshbanks (16-8/116.5 kg/256.3 lbs.) – Marshbanks def. Somoilov via heel hook submission at 3:27 of round 1.
* Fight was originally ruled a split decision victory in Radev’s favor. M-1 Challenge regulatory officials later ruled that Goodman had knocked out Radev at 4:59 of round 1 and overturned the decision in Goodman’s favor following an official appeal.
Team USA East defeats Bulgaria 5-0.